Map the System is open to students and recent graduates of all levels and disciplines from any of our partner institutions.
Student registration has now closed for MTS 2022*
* If your host institution requested an extension, please contact your local educator for details.
If you are a student from a registered Canadian Institution please visit www.mapthesystem.ca to register for the Canadian Edition of Map the System 2022.
Who can participate?
Partner institutions must have registered in the competition for students and staff to be eligible to participate. To find out if your institution is registered, you can email email@example.com.
- Participants can apply for Map the System as an individual or in a team with a maximum of 6 people*.
- At least one member of the team must be a current student at any of our partner institutions (enrolled on a course of 6 months or longer), OR a recent graduate of one of those institutions (i.e. having completed studies within 12 months of the date they register for the competition). Staff members of the partner institution are also eligible to take part.
- Students may be at undergraduate, diploma, postgraduate, or doctoral level.
- Non-students, or students from another institution, may join a team as long as at least one member is a current student/recent graduate of the registered partner institution.
*6 people is the upper limit for team sizes, rather than a suggested team size. Each institution may choose to apply a smaller team size limit for students at their institution, this is at their discretion.
We do not distinguish between degree/diploma subjects and levels when marking submissions as we are looking for the strongest submissions, regardless of a student’s age or subject area, though each partner institution is welcome to set their own application requirements in addition to the above.