What is the cost?
Map the System is more than a competition—it’s a learning programme and a learning community. We’ve added more digital content and enrichment, including virtual workshops and masterclasses with Oxford faculty and globally recognised impact leaders. And this year, we look forward to welcoming finalist teams back to Oxford for the Map the System Global Final in June 2022.
The Institutional Registration Fee helps to support some of the costs of Map the System. The full fee is £3750 (USD $5,000) per institution, however a discounted rate of £2000 (USD $2,700) is available to any institution registering before 31st October 2021.
Institutions located in a low or middle-income country (based on World Bank designation) may be eligible for a full or partial fee waiver. There is limited amount of fee waiver support available from the Skoll Centre, and so if you would like to apply for this financial assistance, please email the Map the System team at email@example.com and we will follow up with you.
Institutions belonging to the GNAM Network are eligible for a fee waiver. However, we do encourage institutions to contribute to the fee whatever they can, so that we can continue to support the Map the System programme. Please do get in touch with the Map the System team at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you are member of this network, and we will follow up with you.
What support will partner institution's receive?
The Skoll Centre will provide each partner institution with:
- A detailed partner toolkit that provides information and tools to organise Map the System at your campus.
- Access to Canvas, our online learning management system, designed for educators to access our learning materials, guidance documents, and discussion board.
- The chance to join a series of online webinars and virtual networking for educators at partner institutions around the world, to gather new ideas, answer questions, and share resources.
- A 2.5 day Global Final event where the top teams and educators from all over the world come together to share and celebrate their research, learn from world-class systems thinking practitioners, join workshops and other networking opportunities.
Why bring Map the System to your campus?
Map the System is a unique learning opportunity for students and educators interested in social or environmental systems change. Over the years, Map the System has proven to:
- Encourage participants’ interest in becoming agents of change around social and environmental issues that they care about.
- Provide new mindsets and tools with which to become more effective change agents; maximising positive impacts and minimising negative impacts.
- Deepen understanding in participants’ chosen topics in ways that may lead to future impact.
- Generate exposure to the systems mindset, improving participants’ analytical and communications capacity as citizens and ability to operate in increasingly complex professional and workplace contexts.
Ready to partner with us?
Institution registration for Map the System 2022 will be open until 31 October 2021. If you have any questions in the meantime, email us at email@example.com